Woodside School Uniform
Woodside PE Kit
School Uniform Policy
It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in school-organised events outside normal school hours. We ask children to wear their shirts tucked into their skirts or trousers and to take a pride in their personal appearance. Some items of uniform can be bought from school, whilst others are easily available, at very competitive prices, at local shops including supermarkets. A complete list of the items needed for school uniform including those for Physical Education, is printed overleaf.
At Woodside we are proud of the community we have created together and the unity and common values we all hold. The children, parents and staff have formed a welcoming, highly successful and effective school, where children can thrive.
Why is school uniform significant at Woodside?
Our policy on school uniform is based on the belief that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in our school;
- helps to create a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- identifies the children with the school;
- supports our commitment to inclusion;
- is practical, smart and designed with health and safety in mind;
- is considered good value for money by most parents;
Jewellery, Hair Ornaments, Make-up and Nail Varnish
For health and safety reasons we do not allow children to wear jewellery. The exceptions to this rule are earring studs in pierced ears, and small objects of religious significance. Children are required to remove any items during PE lessons to prevent them from causing injury.
For health and safety reasons we do not allow children to wear shoes with platform soles or high heels. All children are required to wear plain black shoes or boots without logos as stated in the uniform list. If boots are worn these should also be plain black. If boots are large and prevent children from sitting comfortably on the floor they may be asked to change into their PE shoes whilst inside the school building.
The Role of Parents
We believe that one of the responsibilities of parents is to ensure that their child has the correct uniform and PE kit, and that it is clean, in good repair and that the child’s name is written on all items. If a parent has difficulties for any reason with fulfilling this request they are asked to speak confidentially to a senior member of staff to discuss the issues. Parents should be assured that we will do all we can to help.
All children are expected to wear our agreed uniform each day. This fosters a feeling of belonging to our community, and helps children feel equal to each other.
- Red sweatshirt/ cardigan/fleece (School logo available)
- Grey or Black skirt or trousers/grey pinafore dress
- Red and white summer dress (Summer term only)
- Shirts – white /polo shirt (School logo available)
- Black school shoes or boots – no logos, lights or gimmicks
- Socks- black or grey (winter) and white (Summer)
- Tights –Winter ( black, grey) Summer (white)
- Leggings – Winter (black, grey )Summer (white)
- Grey or black shorts (Summer term only)
- Hair clips / bands – red, white, black
- No jewellery- except stud earrings (Taken out for P.E)
- Religious jewellery to be worn under clothing
- Religious headwear – black, grey, white, red (plain)
- No nail polish
- No Wellington boots (can be worn to and from school ONLY))
- Black shorts /leggings
- Red t- shirts
- Black Trainers
- P.E Bag
Where to buy school uniform
Uniform with the school logo is available direct from our local supplier, Speedstitch - order online or visit in store (5 mins walk from Forest site): http://shop.speedstitch.co.uk/woodside-primary-academy-en-2/
At present, whilst nationally we are dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic, there are a few differences in the way you have to shop for uniform at Speedstitch.
Speedstitch encourage you to use the online shop where possible and to make your orders as early as possible. If you do need to visit the store opening hours are:
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Saturday 10am-12pm
If you need to try anything on there is a fitting service available but will be by appointment only from 1st June until 31st July 2020 - Tel: 020 8531 4800 or email: email@example.com.
Please find attached downloadable PDF files for the school uniform check list, the school uniform policy and Speedstitch flyer.