Woodside Primary Academy Nursery forms part of the school’s outstanding provision. The nursery has a dedicated team of experienced leaders, qualified teachers and early years practitioners who provide exceptional care, learning and personal development for all children. The nursery has an established reputation for
‘high quality’ care and education amongst our current and returning families.
The setting comprises of five nursery classes; for children aged from two to four years old.
- Dragonfly & Caterpillar rooms for our children aged 2-3 years old, and
- Ladybird, Bumblebee & Butterfly classes for our children aged 3-4 years old
We offer a wide range of provision to support the needs of all families
- Free early educational funded 15 hour places for two year old children (eligibility criteria applies)
- Free early educational funded 15 hour places for All three year old children
- Free early educational funded 30 hour places for three year old children (Government Eligibility Criteria applies)
- Extended wrap around day-care starting from: 7.30am and available to 6.00pm (Fees apply). Call the school for a breakdown of our competitive Fees.
We provide healthy choices for breakfast, lunch, tea-time and mid-day snacks, all freshly prepared daily and cooked on site by our in-house catering team.
Our broad based curriculum encompassing the prime and specific areas of learning guided by the Early Years Foundation stage Framework areas of learning:
- personal & social development, physical development,
- communication, language & literacy,
- mathematics, understanding
- the world
- expressive art & design
How do we support the development each child’s learning at Woodside?
We support children’s learning and development through playing and exploring, active learning, critical and creative thinking. The nursery provision provides a wealth of learning zones and activities to create and foster excitement and a thirst for independent learning. Teaching builds on from what children already know and can do.
Parents are encouraged to contribute to their child’s learning from home via the interactive on-line ‘Tapestry App’. Parents are able to add videos, photographs and work samples to their child’s online learning journey.
The nursery team use the ‘Tapestry app’ to create a time map of each child’s learning journey by gathering children’s work samples through:
- Photographs, video recordings and written observation notes of the children to support planning for each child’s next steps of learning, interests.
- The learning journey and children’s everyday interests are used to assess each child’s progress while at Woodside. Parents can comment on what is uploaded by the staff team.
Monthly Family Thursday – ‘Stay & Play’
Each half term parents are invited to stay, play and learn alongside their child for a short 45 minute period. Parents get the chance to join in with activities, e.g. creative play, a story & rhyme session, early mathematical exploratory play and talk to their child’s key person or teacher and ask questions about our approaches to teaching and child development.
Woodside facilitates Toy Library sessions every:
- Wednesday morning from 9.00 AM until 11.00AM, and
- Thursday afternoon from 12.30 PM until 2.30 PM term time only.
- Parents and children are welcomed by our friendly staff for a session of fun activities, both indoors and outdoors.
- We provide refreshments & healthy snacks for parents & children and a song & a rhyme time at the end of each session. Come along and enjoy the fun!
- Call and book your place prior to each weekly session: 0208 509 4375.
- Voluntary contribution of £1.00 per family per session.