At Woodside we have a very extensive training programme for all staff. We believe that to provide the best educational experiences for our pupils it is essential to have well trained and professional staff. Our teachers receive numerous strands of training that support them in developing their pedagogy (teacher knowledge). This takes various forms at all levels;
· Weekly staff training
· Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) training
· Team teaching on a daily basis for NQTs
· Supporting other teachers in REAch2 academies to develop wider experiences
· Senior leaders inspect other REAch2 academies to develop their understanding of the Ofsted framework
· Visiting other REAch2 academies to look at best practice
We believe our teaching staff are able to provide excellent learning opportunities for Woodside pupils due to our innovative CPD programme. Please click in to the links to the left to read what some of our team have to say.