Starting School Information - September 2020
Woodside Primary Academy
We are delighted that you and your child are joining Woodside Primary Academy this coming September. We are part of the family of schools which form the REAch2 Primary Academy Trust.
On behalf of the Staff, Governors, children and parents, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you and your family to our school community.
We hope that the information on this page will answer many of the questions that you have about your child starting school with us in September and assure you that we will write to you in the coming weeks with further details about your child's induction.
Frequently asked questions
Will I need to complete a school admissions form if I have a confirmed place for my child at Woodside already?
Yes – All schools have to keep their own pupil records. The school admissions pack will be emailed to you to complete and return back to the school by email.
Will I have a chance to come in to school with my child before September?
- Yes - You will be invited to school for a welcome meeting and then a ‘meet the teacher play day’ with your child in July 2020. You will receive a letter via email.
- If the school remains closed, the school will invite you to attend a virtual online ‘Zoom meeting’. ‘Zoom’ allows the school to make a video call to you. The ‘Zoom meeting’ will replace the normal onsite welcome meeting and ‘play day’.
- You will be emailed a *‘Zoom link’ and a secure password. (You can download the ‘Zoom’ from your app store on a phone, tablet or PC).
When will I find out the name of my child’s class and who their class teacher will be?
Your child’s class name and their teacher’s name will be shared closer to the ‘Meet the teacher play day’.
What date will my child start school in September?
- Your child will school in the first few weeks of September.
- Nursery - All children in the nursery will settle in to ‘Nursery life’ for an hour or two each day until they are ready to do all their hours.
- Reception - Most children will start part-time on their first day and will do full school days from the second day of school. For some children a longer settling in plan will be needed.All children in Years 1 to 6 start full-time, unless other arrangements have been discussed with you prior.
Where can I get the school uniform list from?
- The school website has a list of the required school uniform in the Parent tab, please follow the link http://www.woodsideprimaryacademy.com/page/?title=Uniform&pid=85
How do I order a school meal for my child?
- We are a cash free school so all payments are completed through the school online ARBOR management system. The school will create an account for you.
- We ask all parents to also complete the Waltham Forest Free School Meal Entitlement check. Please click the link to visit the Waltham Forest government website http://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Education-grants-free-school-meals.aspx
How can I apply for Breakfast Club and After School club place for my child?
- You will need to tick the box on the school admission form if you want to reserve a space before September. The school will then send you a form to complete.
- Breakfast club starts at 7.30am until the children are collected by their teachers or taken to meet their class teacher outside in the playground.
- After school club runs from when school finishes until 6pm sharp.
- Both clubs are charged at a fixed rate.
Please email the school with any starting school enquires:
- Years 1 to 6: School@woodside.waltham.sch.uk