Nursery 2 Years
Topic overview – 2 year olds
Our topic this half term is Nursery Rhymes. We will be focusing on one rhyme per week and will focus on the following rhymes:-
- Leo the lion,
- 10 little apples
- The Wheels on the bus
- Twinkle Twinkle little star.
In addition to rhyme time we support children’s development by providing:-
- Opportunities to play and develop self-confidence and relationships with their peers (PSED)
- Props to support children’s understanding of stories and rhymes (CAL)
- Placing children into smaller groups for story and rhyme time encouraging them to express their own individual preferences by choosing stories to read and rhymes to sing (PSED)
- Modelling the actions to rhymes and encouraging children to join in with the actions (PD)
- Providing stimulating indoor and outdoor activities for children to enjoy role play, messy play, small world play, and construction, creative and exploratory play.